- This website is designed for general patient educational and information purposes only and does not render medical advice or professional services, unless we otherwise indicate. The information provided through this website should not be used for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease. It is not a substitute for professional health care, and is designed to support – not replace – the relationship you have with your health care provider. If you have or suspect you may have a health problem, you should consult your health care provider. If this is a medical emergency, immediately call 911.
- Baptist Health disclaims any liability whatsoever for any documentation, information, programs, software, or other material that is or may become a part of the website. Baptist Health does not warrant or guarantee that the information will not be offensive to any user and/or may not meet your needs and requirements.
- Our website may include links to third party Web service providers. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement of the content on such sites. We are not responsible for the content of linked third-party sites.
Website Privacy Statement
- Modern information and communication technologies play a fundamental role in the activities of an organization like Baptist Health. We are based in the United States of America. Our principal activity is the delivery of health care services.
- Our Privacy Statement covers the Baptist Health, its subsidiaries and any of its websites accessible via the primary websites listed below:
- You can access our website home page and browse our site without disclosing your personal data.
- We collect the personal information that you may volunteer while using our services.
- We do not collect information about our visitors from sources outside of Baptist Health, such as public records or bodies, or private organizations.
- We do not collect or use personal data for any purpose other than that indicated on the Web pages where the information is requested or collected.
- If we wish to use your personal information for a new purpose, we offer you the means to consent to this new purpose by indicating in a box at the point on the site where personal data is collected.
- Except as requested by you or indicated on the Web page where your information is requested, we do not disclose your personal information to other organizations.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. You should be aware that the Baptist Health website is not intended or designed to attract children under the age of 13. We do not collect personally identifiable information from any person we actually know is a child under the age of 13.
Baptist Health is committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws, as well as applicable regulations, standards, and guidelines established by government agencies and accepted accrediting organizations.
We will provide a secure transmission method for you to send us personal information, including:
- Primary personal information (such as name and contact details)
- Identifiers (such as social security numbers, credit card details, website password)
- Specific personal information (such as survey information, racial or ethnic origin, religious beliefs, medical information)
While such secure transmission methods provide reasonable protections against unauthorized access, if you have concerns regarding the transmission of sensitive information (such as medical information), you should consider using non-electronic communication methods.
We have implemented security policies, rules, and technical measures to protect the personal data that we have under our control from:
- Unauthorized access
- Improper use or disclosure
- Unauthorized modification
- Unlawful destruction or accidental loss
All our employees and data processors who have access to, and are associated with, the processing of personal information are obliged to respect confidentiality of our visitors’ personal information.
Baptist Health’s goal is to provide high quality health information through the content on its websites. Every effort has been made to provide accurate, timely, and comprehensive information that will be useful to its readers, though we cannot guarantee its accuracy.
We define content as all material (text, images, graphics, tables, audio, and visual) and menu icons, bars, listings, indices, as well as functions that support content such as links, navigation, searches, and calculations.
Baptist Health uses original, stock, and purchased photography on the website. The individuals portrayed in the images are models and are not intended to imply endorsement or any association with any illness or condition.
Although our health information content is reviewed and approved by healthcare professionals, Baptist Health is not responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results obtained from the use of such information. Some of the consumer education information on the website is provided through a contract with Kraemes Staywell.
We follow a standard set of editorial procedures for information that we post on our websites. However, we don’t offer you any warranty or guarantee related to our sites; we specifically disclaim any warranties, expressed or implied. It is the responsibility of visitors to our site to evaluate the information we provide and determine its relevancy and usefulness to them.
We welcome your feedback about the content provided on the Baptist Health website. However, we must make the final decisions about the information that is posted on our site to ensure that it meets the needs of all of our users.
Please contact us with any comments or concerns regarding the content on our website.
Restrictions on Use
We may change these terms from time to time, and your continuing use of our website constitutes your acceptance of and agreement to any changes. You may view the most current version through the link that appears on the bottom of all pages on our website.
Baptist Health owns the information on this website. The entire contents and design of this site are protected under U.S. and international copyright laws. You may look at our website online, download information to your computer to read later, or print copies of pages for yourself, your family, or your friends. However, you must not remove any copyright notices from our materials. We reserve all other rights, which means that you must not sell our information, rewrite or modify it, redistribute it, use it on your own website, or use it for any other commercial purpose without our prior written permission.
We usually permit other organizations to provide a simple link from their site to ours. However, you must first ask our permission if you intend to frame our site or incorporate pieces of it into a different site or product in a way that could confuse our users.
Baptist Health controls our websites from our offices in Louisville, Kentucky, USA.
Retargeting and Remarketing
As you browse BaptistHealth.com, advertising cookies will be placed on your computer so that we can understand what you are interested in. Our advertising partners then enable us to present you with advertising on other sites based on your previous interaction with BaptistHealth.com. Data collected by Baptist Health for advertising purposes is completely anonymous, and only includes information such as the IP address, date and time of visit, domain type, and your activity on our website. None of this information, individually or grouped together, can be traced back to you.
These advertising partners, as members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”), may have their own privacy policies as well. To remove yourself from some or all NAI member advertising programs, please visit the NAI Opt-Out Page and follow the relevant instructions. Please note that if you delete, block, or otherwise restrict cookies on your computer, or if you use a different computer or Internet browser, you may need to renew your NAI opt-out choice.
Not a Substitute For Medical Advice
The contents of the Baptist Health website, such as text, graphics, images, information obtained from Baptist Health’s licensors, and other material contained on the BaptistHealth.com website (“Content”) are for informational purposes only and does not render medical advice or professional services. The information provided through this website should not be used for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease. It is not a substitute for professional care. If you have or suspect you may have a health problem, you should consult your health care provider. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on Baptist Health’s website.
Baptist Health disclaims any liability whatsoever for any documentation, information, programs, software, or other material which is or may become a part of the website. Baptist Health does not warrant or guarantee that the information will not be offensive to any user. User is hereby put on notice that by accessing and using the website, user assumes the risk that the information and documentation contained in the website may be offensive and/or may not meet the needs and requirements of the user.
If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or emergency medical services immediately.
Any claim or dispute relating to this website or your use or reliance on this website shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Kentucky without regard to conflicts of laws principles. Any such claim or dispute will be heard in a state or federal court serving Jefferson County, Kentucky.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Baptist Healthcare System, Inc., its officers, members, directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses or expenses, including attorney’s fees and costs and expenses, arising out of or in any way connected with (a) your access to or use of all or part of the website; (b) any personal information you provide to the website; (c) a breach or alleged breach by you of any of your representations, warranties, covenants, or obligations; (d) your infringement or misappropriation of any intellectual property or other rights of Baptist Healthcare System, Inc. or third parties by you; or (e) any negligence or willful misconduct by you.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT BAPTIST HEALTH DOES NOT OPERATE OR CONTROL THE INTERNET AND THEREFORE BAPTIST HEALTH DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE WILL BE ERROR FREE OR FREE OF TECHNOLOGY DOWNTIMES OR UNAVAILABILITY.